Do you need somewhere to stay right away?
We support numerous units of accommodation in Townsville and the surrounding suburbs.
This is a service to assist young people between the ages of 16 – 25 years old who are homeless or at risk of homelessness both male and female. We are able to assist small families, single parents and couples.
We can help you even if you have no money and provide you with a safe place to stay.
Want to know a lot of information about you so we can decide what the best options are.
We will ask you awkward questions but please be honest as we are here to help you.
We will ask you expect from us.
If we offer you somewhere to stay we will ask you to work on a case plan to help you find somewhere longer term to live.
This may be may be your own place, a shared house or moving back to family.
During your stay
You will be expected to live independently with support.
- respecting the property and neighbours
- basic living skills to demonstrate you can look after yourself
- completing case management on a regular basis
- attend work / education where applicable or meet reporting requirements
We can help you with:
- accessing an income
- living skills
- finding alternative longer term accommodation
Once you have an income you will be expected to contribute towards your living expenses.
Provide your own food.
Keep your unit clean and tidy.
Work with the staff to find stable accommodation .
Depending on your personal circumstances you may be required:
To share a property with another person.
They will be of the same gender and around the same age.
The units are fully furnished for your basic needs
You will have:
Shared living spaces, bathroom and kitchen.
Single parents, couples and small families in these properties will not be expected to share a one or two bed property with others.
The length of time you can stay in these properties depends on your level of needs and the time the case worker assesses you require
Your exit options could be:
- Private rental.
- Department of Housing property.
- A community / social housing property.
- A shared housing option through the private rental market.
What we expect from you during your stay:
- To meet regularly with a case worker.
- To work towards achieving your goals in your case plan.
- To attend an educational program or find employment.
- To maintain the unit in a clean and presentable manner as with any rental property you may live in the future.
The aim is that by the end of your time with us you will be able to sustain a tenancy and we will be able to provide you with a positive rental history.
We can continue to support you for as long as you need after you have left our properties or if you have any difficulties in the future you can come and ask for further assistance.